Thursday 4 September 2014

August favourites

So it looks like summer is nearly over as we head into the cooler autumnal months. Personally, I've had a pretty positive summer & here in the UK we have been very fortunate with the weather for a change! News wise, 2 of my lovely friends got engaged, another friend has moved to America temporarily & is loving it & I recently passed my first course into becoming a makeup artist. Ive also been weight training again & I'm pleased to finally be able to see a little muscle definition.

Anyway, here is a small selection of my favourite Augusts finds.....

Benefit Gimme Brow Gel
I'd never really thought of trying something like this in the past, but since dip-dying my hair I've wanted to try and make my eyebrows stand out a bit more than before. Being naturally mousey brown, they do need quite a bit of added definition to prevent them from disappearing altogether. Ive been layering this product over an Illamasqua ashy coloured brow cake and they seem to work well together. It promises to add volume, and make the brows appear thicker & fuller- and it delivers. The brush is a good size to work with too. The only flip-side is that it is a bit pricey.
I use the shade 'Light/Medium and bought mine from Boots for £17.50.



MAC Blusher in 'Peaches'
This is a beautiful peach/pink tone blush, which seems to suit all and sundry. I like its versatility- it can be worn down for an everyday soft hint of colour to the apples of the cheeks, and dressed/built up for a glamorous evening look too. I wouldn't say its staying power is as long as its competitors (eg Nars Orgasm or Peachy Pink), but it can simply be re-applied throughout the day. It produces a matte finish and gives a nice healthy glow. I really like it.
Purchased from MAC for £18.00.




Mr Kipling Angel slices
Bit random, but thought I'd throw this in anyway. How have I coped in life without these yummy cakes? Unbelievable I know, but I've only just discovered them and hot-dayum are they good! If you haven't ever tried them I insist, I INSIST you haul-ass to your nearest supermarket, STAT! Failing that, its the type of thing your Auntie or Grandma would have in their kitchen cupboard, along with battenburg. Mmmmmmmm, battenburg!
Available from Tesco and most supermarkets and generally on offer- woo!




Moroccan oil light
I was about to run out of my regular Moroccan oil & when I went to re-purchase I read the description of the 'light' & thought this suited me better. Although its for all hair types, it does specify that its for fine/light coloured hair so thought id give it a whirl. Live on the edge & all that! I cant tell any difference between the 2. They are both bloody amazing. I tend to use it after I've finished blow-drying my hair & before straightening, throughout the lengths & on the ends. It smooths, adds shine & prevents frizz. I was also impressed with the pump it came with, making the process far less messy.
It just works. You cant go wrong with this stuff.
I got mine from Feelunique where its currently 125mls for the price of 100mls at £31.85. Yes, there are cheaper alternatives out there. But I don't begrudge the price, because you only need a tiny amount & therefore it lasts for ages! Its a staple. Fo' sho'.




Mane 'N' Tail Hair conditioner
Basically this is a product primarily for horse hair, which can also be used on human hair. So if you own a horse and you're on a tight smellies budget, this could be the perfect 'kill 2 birds with 1 stone' product for you! I bought it to try because I currently have bonded hair extensions in & the hair can become quite coarse. There's a lot of debate as to whether or not it makes your hair drier, but I haven't found this to be the case. On the contrary, it feels silkier. I like the consistency of it, and the smell isn't too bad, just a bit 'horsey'. If you know what I mean by that. I'm using special extension shampoo at the moment but I do intend to try that in the future. Which claims to make your hair grow?!!
Apparently its very popular with the Kardasians. I would re-purchase it. Especially as its inexpensive. I bought mine for £7 from Liberty



So, that's it for another months faves. I hope your summer rocked hard & ill be back again soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment