Friday 12 September 2014

My favourite mascaras

Hola amigos! Before I get stuck into my post, I just wanted to say hi to my 4 new Bloglovin followers.....im delighted! Thank you for the interest ladies & welcome :)

I used my MAC mascara today which I haven't used in a while so thought I would do my top 3 favourite mascaras. Now mascara isnt something I use everyday, maybe once or twice a week, depending on what im doing. Reason being, which ive mentioned in a previous post, is that around 10 years ago my lashes fell out due to poor diet and stress. It took quite a while for them to grow back and sadly they never grew as full as they once were. But now im just grateful to have what I do have back and I try to leave them alone as much as possible. When I do wear mascara though it really does make a significant difference as once they are curled & ive applied the mascara, they look so voluptuous. Im lucky that they are naturally very long. My sister is the same, she has amazing long lashes.
When trying new mascaras I generally opt for ones that promise to lengthen and volumise. Here are my personal top 3......



1. Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Glossy Black £22
I dont think you can go far wrong with Charlotte Tilbury *anything*, but I really do love this mascara. It doesnt clump, it separates my lashes beautifully, lengthens well & produces a nice soft 'happy-medium' look on my eyes. I dont feel over or under done! The packaging is classy & the thick brush is super easy to work with. Although it is buildable, I find 1 coat is enough for me, but if im going on a night out I will add another layer. The desription on the website explains that the 5 stars stand to curl, separate, volumise, lengthen & dramatise the lashes. That says it all....job lot! It really is impressive and definitely worth the money.



If this was ever discontinued, I would do a big fat cry about it.
I think ill do a post soon on all of my CT products, as I do have a lot!

2. MAC False Lashes Extreme Black £19
This has been amoungst my favourites for years, I absolutely adore it. It does what it says on the tin & literally gives the false lash effect. Its never clumpy, it lengthens, glides on nice and is long lasting. I love the cute design of it too. The formulation is more 'dry' than 'wet' if that makes sense. So I find it easier to work with. The *only* bit I struggle with is that even though the brush is nice & skim, I still find it doesn't separate my lashes that easily, like I do have to work at that quite a bit. But overall the pros far outweigh that 1 con!




This is fab if you are going for the dramatic look, and teamed with false lashes & eyeliner, gives the perfect party finish.

Here's a pic of me wearing just one coat of it.




3. Maybelline The Colossal Smokey Eyes £7.19
This mascara is renown for its layering skills. The most ive applied is 2 coats and it didn't clump or go flaky. I do find that I need to re-apply towards the end of the day, but that's to be expected. The packaging is pretty cool, nice and bright. I used this brand a lot when I was in my teens and had just started wearing make-up, so it would probably be an ideal one to try if you're just starting out. That way if you dont get on with it, it hasn't cost as much as the higher end brands.




This is the perfect budget mascara- great for everyday use & its always on some sort of offer somewhere.

What are your favourite mascaras and why? If anyone has any recommendations, especially ones tailored towards sensitive eyes/lashes please let me know!

xox



No comments:

Post a Comment