Monday 1 December 2014

November favourites


Mac Studio Fix Fluid £21.50


Loving this foundation at the moment and using it everyday! It is medium coverage, however it's buildable to a beautiful matte full coverage, and 2 layers produces full for me. It covers the majority of my blemishes and I find it generally lasts on my face as long as I need it to. A lot of people say that this is too cakey for them, but using a little amount, the right brush (I use a Mac duo fibre brush) and blending it in well, I don't find its cakey at all (as I do find with Studio Sculpt). This foundation doesn't come complete with a pump, so I would advise buying one, which you can for £4. At least then you can control the amount of product you use & can re-use the pump on the next bottle.
I think that this is quite similar to Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. I use the shade NC15. I'll definitely be repurchasing.

By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm £38.00


Admittedly, as lip balms go this is pretty pricey & not something I would generally splash out on (with the exception of the Creme De La Mer one- delish). But whilst browsing in Space NK, it did take my eye. Maybe because of the beautiful frosted glass packaging. Maybe because I adore anything rose scented. It really does feel luxurious & 'melts' beautifully on the lips, and both the product and the scent linger for quite some time.
I use this during the day, but at night I still use my Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. I've been using EA for around 10 years and it will always be my staple night-time lip balm. But this By Terry is up there with my favourites.

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Hair Mist £34


I got this as a gift from my mum and I adore it. It gives a crisp, delicate fragrance which holds in the hair for quite some time. I also like the classic elegant bottle. I'm so glad they do this in Coco Mademoiselle as I'm not so keen on No 5.
A must-have for fellow hair-flickers out there!

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré Moisturiser £20


I bought this on recommendation from the ladies in my local Space NK. Having incredibly sensitive skin, Ive been looking for a daytime moisturiser which is gentle and which doesn't contain any nasty ingredients. Its creamy and light in its consistency and provides a great base for foundation. It absorbs nicely leaving a silky finish and sits well on the skin. Not only does it act as a moisturiser, but it doubles up as a primer and triples up as a cleanser too. I haven't tried it as a cleanser, and I use creme de La Mer as an evening moisturiser at night, so will just keep this as a day cream/primer.
Overall, this is a pleasant cream and very reasonably priced and *touches wood* my skin hasn't felt irritated by it.
Apparently this product is very popular amongst makeup artists and models, due to its versatility and the fact that all skin types get on well with it.

All Saints Hawks Leather Biker Jacket £348



Finally, my favourite purchase of the month, is my new leather jacket. I knew that Bentalls (in Kingston, London) was having a 20% off Christmas event, so I thought I would go along with the intention of treating myself to something & this jacket caught my eye. It really is beautiful. Especially the fit and the softness of the leather, which is 100% lambs leather. I also like the attention to detail of the pattern on the shoulders, and the zips and buckles. This one is a bit more 'biker' than my others.
Dressed up or dressed down, a leather jacket adds instant and effortless coolness to any outfit. I purchased the size 4, as leather does tend to give a bit and I wanted this jacket to be fitted on me. All Saints are well known for their good quality jackets and this is my 3rd purchase from them.
I am super pleased- with the discount it took it down to £278.40! It really is worth keeping an eye out for local events/sales or signing up to receive email updates, as you can save yourself such a lot of money. And everyone loves a bit of discount and a bargain!
The next leather jacket I'm on the hunt for is an over sized vintage one. If anyone has any recommendations for where I might pick one up from, please let me know!

                                                          xox

No comments:

Post a Comment