Tuesday 13 January 2015

New Year post!

Hi everyone!

Happy New year! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and got lots of nice gifts! I had a pretty good Christmas, even with the standard annual chest infection. My right lung collapsed in a car crash 4 years ago, and ever since then I've been susceptible to nasty chest infections. However I still went home to the Midlands & spent time with my family. A particular highlight on Christmas day was seeing my 4 year old niece Ruby riding her first bike!
I have made some new years resolutions which I'm focusing hard on right now. They are all pretty realistic aims and objectives and I'm finding it a healthy move for my mind.

Anyway, Instead of doing a December favourites, I've decided to do a 'What I got for Christmas/with my Christmas money' post.

Nars Virtual domination cheek palette £45



Clockwise from left: Miss Liberty Highlighter, Deep Throat, Laguna Bronzer, Final Cut and Sex Fantasy

I saw this palette whilst browsing in Space NK and fell in love! Nars consistently excel in their festive palettes and this edition was no exception. Containing most of my favourite products, I just had to get it. I'm so pleased I did as apparently they were limited edition. The palettes contents are: 'Deep Throat', 'Sex Fantasy' and 'Final Cut' blush, 'Miss Liberty' highlighting powder and the legendary 'Laguna' Bronzer. Individually costing £22.50 per blusher and £27 for the Bronzer and only slighter less than full size, at just £45 it was a real bargain. Its such a handy thing to have so many amazing products in one convenient place!

Jose Eber 32mm Curling Iron £93.99




Ive been looking for a good sized wand for a few months, as my usual Babybliss wand just wasn't cutting the mustard curl wise. I mean its still good and ill always use it, however this new wand is easier/quicker to use, creates a bigger (more blow-dried look) curl and although is a little pricey, does come with a lifetime guarantee and is kinder on the locks. Its quicker as you only need to hold the wand for around 3-6 seconds, depending on how much hair you pick up per section. It also came with a free glove and comb. I picked mine up from Selfridges for £110, so do shop around!

Whistles Daisy foil skirt £35



Ive had my eye on this skirt since my birthday back in May! I had 'ummed and ahhed' over buying it, as I think originally it was £125 and I simply couldn't justify that amount on a skirt I may only wear a couple of times. However I found a size 4 one in the sale for £35 and couldn't resist. Its such a pretty metallic silver colour and the materiel is beautiful and silky. It will look lovely with a black top and a little pair of heels. I just need an occasion to wear it now!

Thomas Sabo



This bracelet was one of many many presents from my beautiful friend Gemma, I was very spoilt! This is a stunning pearl bead charm bracelet which adds a hint of glamour to an outfit.
I already have a black TS bracelet, so I'm really pleased to have the pearl now to join it. Gemma had chosen the skull to come with it, and I got myself the sunglasses charm (£25.99 reduced to £12.98) in the sale. The TS necklace I also had already and I spotted this fiddle pendant in the sale too (£179 reduced to £89.50), which I bought for personal sentimental reasons. Love!

Hunter boot socks £19



This was a stocking filler from my mummy! I was with her when she bought this & I chose the neon pink colour. My Hunter wellies are green, so hopefully they shall look pretty cool together. They are currently in the sale for £15!

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post, and that your year has begun positively! What were your favourite gifts/sale finds?!


xox




No comments:

Post a Comment