Sunday 1 December 2013

100th time lucky!

I have spent at least 3 years now looking for a proper leather jacket. During this time I have gone through 3 cheaper faux leather jackets which had just ripped & fallen to pieces in the end. So over the last year(!) or so, I had made it my mission to find 'the one'. But to no avail. I had tried on so many jackets, like a ridiculous amount, in various store & places (even parts of Europe & America!) but none had really done it for me. And given that I intended to spend a reasonable amount on it, I couldn't just settle for anything.
So I was in London on Regent Street and thought i'd just have quick look in All Saints, with no expectations.

I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed. For a start they were fully stocked with my size (6) for everything I wanted to try on. Which was 3 jackets, 2 tops & an (ah-may-zingly sexual!) leather skirt. Whilst I was trying the clothes on, the assistant, Ellie, waited for me outiside & asked me to do a little fashion parade to show her how everything looked on. She was enthusiastic, honest & gave great advice, which was really refreshing. It was like having my own personal shopper! She was also super knowledgeable with the product & brand and even though it was a busy Sunday, she still took her time & never rushed me.

Even though I *really* wanted to buy everything I tried on, it was actually the first jacket that I tried on (standard!) which I bought. It has far less detail on it in comparison to the other 2 jackets I tried, but I just love it. Its elegant, classic & simple. It also fits perfectly with a top & a jumper on underneath. I choose the Belvedere jacket in black, which was £278. However, because Selfridges had a 20% off promotion going on, Ellie matched it giving me 20% off too, making it £222.40. Win!

I would thoroughly recommend this store & in particular Ellie. Nothing was too much trouble for her and I actually commended her to her manager who was really grateful for the feedback. I know from working in customer service that there isnt enough praise & I always do when I believe I have recieved outstanding service. So thank you Ellie & I will be seeing you again when I save enough money for the leather skirt!


Love xox

For more info on All Saints, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment